Friday 15 March 2013

Lauren Collinson - The Swinging Sixties

My project 'The Swinging Sixties' has been inspired by the 1960's. I chose to use this as my theme as it is such an amazing and interesting decade in the way the outlook on fashion and textiles changed. There are lots of iconic looks; bold prints, vibrant colours, simple dress shapes as well as iconic people; Twiggy, Mary Quant, Biba, The Beatles. It all really interests me so I'm hoping that throughout my project I can research and take inspiration to work towards a successful final piece.
  These are a few pictures of my sketchbook of some work I have done so far on the project. I have really been concentrating on creating my own surface pattern inspired by the 60's using Photoshop.I have experimented with different colour ways and different types of pattern looking into the designer Marimekko and their 60's prints. One of the most iconic people from the 60's is Twiggy and I am really interested in incorporating her into my work. I have done screen prints and cheat embroidery and hope to take these forward even more. As my project develops I want to create a final outcome of 2 fashion garments as a 'mini' collection. I will hopefully be making a shirt with my own Photoshop pattern and a simple dress incorporating the pattern and other printing/embroidery techniques in it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment