Friday 22 March 2013

Stephanie Hodgson - Once Upon A Time

  My Idea for the Story teller project was initially to combine the themes time and beauty and the beast to create a book showing symbolism of time with in the story. I now have expanded my idea to be from my initial theme of story teller to Once upon a time to include 4 stories from my childhood e.g Tortoise and the Hare, Little Red Riding Hood, Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland. 


Lasercut - Handwriting sample "Once Upon A Time"


Chair Yarn Bomb
Screen Printing - Hand dyed and Trapped fabric sample


Heat Transfer Sample

In the gallery I would like to produce a book with the ideas and concepts stated above and a rocking chair mostly to emphasise my theme of Once upon a time and how I used to experience sitting down listening to my grandma read me a story in her rocking chair. I want to allow viewers to get a chance to sit down and experience that feeling.  I will add to the chair carving into it, sanding adding bits of yarn bombing but still allowing it to be comfortable to sit on.

No comments:

Post a Comment